For our client – international software company focusing on a project in the scientific/pharmaceutical industry – we are looking for skilled Senior Knowledge Engineer.
• Find and evaluate existing taxonomies and ontologies that may be applicable to our work
• Design and publish taxonomies/ontologies to describe the core concepts of our domain when other sources are non-existent or incomplete
• Work closely with subject matter experts to capture and refine information structures central to their work
• Refine and grow our governance process for our structured data
• Grow and mature the use of our enterprise vocabulary management software, ultimately making it a high-value resource within the organization
• Work with data scientists to better understand how standardized terminologies can be leveraged to reduce the time it takes to clean and harmonize data before models can be built
• Advocate for the value of information architecture and standardization of terminology across our company
• Stay abreast and evaluate the latest in analytics technologies and determine how to incorporate these into our data science best practices
• Build strong relationships with cross-functional team members and business stakeholders
• Work collaboratively with the technology, UI/UX, and product organizations to ensure alignment with our business goals
Education : Bachelors/Masters in Library / Information Science, Computer Science or related field
• 6+ years experience as a taxonomist /ontologist or library scientist
• 3+ years experience with a scripting language used to harvest, clean and organize data (preferably Python)
• Experience working with enterprise tools to manage vocabularies including all aspects related to design, governance, and production use
• Demonstrated experience with semantic web architecture using RDF and SPARQL
• Understanding of ontology design and authoring.
• The confidence and ability to investigate deep subject domains and make sense of them relatively quickly
• Strong interpersonal skills to recruit and utilize busy but interested subject matter experts
• Experience with large-scale consumer-facing production software and cloud deployment strategies.
• Agile/Scrum methodology experience
• Experience collaborating with cross functional teams
• Annual bonus
• Flexible working schedule and 3 sick days per year
• Outstanding career and development prospects
• Company stocks program
• Exciting company culture which stands for integrity, intensity, involvement and innovation
• The opportunity to work with a truly global organization
Our client is international software company focusing on a project in the scientific/pharmaceutical industry.