WE are looking for an experienced Python developer with expertise in data field.
Our team is responsible for primary data production at Solargis. We use Earth observation data from five geostationary weather satellites to estimate the solar irradiation globally. Furthermore, we continuously track the movement of clouds to forecast the solar resource dynamics in the near future. The work of our team helps customers around the world, contributes to the predictability of solar power generation and energy transition at large.
• Developing, testing, deploying, and monitoring operational software/services in on-prem Linux environment,
• Building and operating ETL pipelines processing real time data from Earth observation satellites
• Data maintenance and management, such as ensuring data integrity, completeness and backup
• Troubleshoot issues in data processing pipelines and assist in problem solving and repair
• Contributing to an overall improvement of quality, timeliness, resilience and other aspects
of the satellite-derived models and services
• Contributing to codebase dedicated to various stages of our data pipelines
• Assistance and cooperation with other team members
• Stay up-to-date on trends in the field and company priorities
• Competitive salary and performance-based bonuses
• Flexible working hours with the possibility of occasional home office
• Sick days
• Technical growth encouraged via opportunity to participate at conferences, workshops, and courses
• Personal growth opportunities, possibility to work on different projects
• Budget for personal development (seminars, conferences, technical courses, language courses)
• Modern office located in Sky Park Offices, Bratislava, in which you can find chill areas, workout area and standing desks
• Free refreshments and fruit
• Parking in the company parking lots
• Green transportation friendly environment - bike parking lots (in building), showers (in the office), bike lanes in Sky Park proximity, EV charging stations (in building)
• Multicultural and international environment, communication in English
• Work in fast growing sector of renewable energy
• Degree in Computer Science/Engineering/related, or at least two-year working experience in the field
• Solid programming capabilities in Python
• Good experience with Linux environment and bash
• Experience with matrix/array data structures (numpy, matlab)
• Familiar with virtual environments/conda
• Pytest or other testing framework, Git + CI/CD
• Good attention to details, diligence, and accomplishment
• Innovative thinking, strong problem solving and analytical skills
• English (at least professional working proficiency, both written and spoken)
• EU citizenship or a valid residence permit in Slovakia
• Starting date: as soon as possible
Optional / preferred:
Previous expertise or experience in any of the domains is welcome:
• Airflow, Docker, Kubernetes
• Cluster or cloud computing
• Big data storage in multi-dimensional data formats (NetCDF, Zarr, TileDB, HDF5, etc.)
• Parallel, concurrent, asynchronous paradigms and coding
Our partner is a technology company that provides meteorological data, energy evaluation software and technical consultancy primarily related to evaluation and management of solar power production.
They are group of geoscientists, meteorologists, engineers, programmers, data scientists, analysts and business developers focused on building and promoting a solar energy assessment platform that helps the solar power industry minimize weather-related risk and improve performance efficiency.
Thanks to 21 years of focused research and technology developed in-house, they have become a leader in the field.
Sie arbeitet intensiv an der Rekrutierung von IT-Experten für Softwareentwicklung und Cloud-Infrastruktur.